Being a parody of yourself and rubbish at being own boss and blaghaghahg
Waiting in for a package is one of the most annoying things in the world, especially when you know the driver tried to deliver it at 9am but didn’t look properly for your house number. DAY WASTEDDDD
If you’re out there…I don’t think you’re London based but if you are, I made a show and I’d love for you to see it. Flyer in the next post…
Tagged by confessionsofagemini88 giiiirl
- Always post the rules
- Answer the questions from the person who tagged you
- Write 11 new ones
- Tag 11 people and link them to the post
- Actually tell them you tagged them
1. Favourite beer? Basically any European beer. Mainly because I drink it when I’m on holiday so it’s always nice and cool on a sunny day and yesss.
2. Favourite book? Goddamn don’t make me choose. I really enjoyed the (published) A Song of Ice and Fire series, and I love me a bit of Edwardian chick writers, but I gotta say Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was an inspiring, beautiful book that just made me want to travel to those locations and be fabulous.
3. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? I would be rich. Obviously!
4. Love or money? Money because I already have the love! But if I had to give up the love for money I would notttt do that. No way no how.
5. Do you think you are a good judge of character? I generally tend to be quite timid when I meet people for the first time so that gives me a bit of time to figure people out. I don’t know though..
6. What do you think people think of you based on your tumblr? Absenteeee! Probably pretty scatty as I have a lot of tastes and interests.
7. Would you ever consider being in a long term long distance relationship? Yes definitely but I think you have to start out with a really strong connection and you have to be able to communicate well and obviously really like and trust each other.
8. Who is your celebrity crush? Do I have to pick just one?
9. Want do you want to change about the world we live in? I want to give people hope when they are in the dark.. it’s such an important thing and it doesn’t take much.
10.Do you think that College/University is for everyone? Definitely not! There are many ways for people to find themselves and become more educated about specific things or life in general. Uni can be really good but so can plunging yourself right into the job world.
11. If you could be sucked into any movie, TV show or book world, where would it be? TV wise, probably Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but then I’ve only seen two episodes so far. Thing is I like quite a lot of fantasy but there’s a lot of risk in that genre and I’m pretty sure I’d end up dead or mangled pretty quick. Movie wise I really love the style of the older ones, from silent movies up to when they started making them in colour. Beautiful people making classics baby! Books wise I love Austen but I don’t 100% know how to feel about the gender politics and propriety and such of the day. But I’d love to hang out with some of her heroines.
Time for my questions!
- What is your favourite fruit?
- What’s the weirdest thing you said or did this week?
- What were your parents’ aspirations when they were young people?
- What is the ugliest trait in a person?
- What is the most beautiful trait in a person?
- Where would you get married if you weren’t allowed to do it in a ‘traditional’ setting e.g. church/registry office etc?
- You have to get a tattoo. What do you get?
- You have to write a storyline for a Doctor Who episode. Go!
- What’s your favourite piece of clothing on your body currently?
- What is that on your face?
- What’s your favourite kind of puzzle?
drewedecimaul pie0 theskinnyartist notso-darling youroldarchenemycatwoman naturalblondesrule jessicamaehendrickson clarityunfiltered theasil byronic-penguin sociallivesareoverratedanyway
Nobody lives forever. I am not the same person I once was, literally, physically: none of the particles that make me today were part of me when I was born.
You are a beautiful, worthy person. What happened to you was horrible and you didn’t deserve it, nor how it knocked your spirit for six. You make my life better, lighter, every single day, and you always inspire me to be brave and creative and warm :)
is that the lead singer of paramore
(Source: femalesbelike, via deadrabbithopes)
I’m not going to waste time writing a post to introduce myself, you’ll meet me through my writing. What you are about to read is very personal: I’m going to jump straight in at the deep end tonight - I want to talk about mental health. I’ve been on a very long journey, and I’ve got a bunch of…
I kind of maybe know what you mean about the self-identification question mark, but my version is pretty opposite to yours!
I used to have many self esteem issues that I didn’t even realise were there - that is until I went to uni. Around the same time I was at the tail end of an abusive relationship which crumbled my identity entirely and sent me into a year of numbness before I realised that something was really wrong. I went to see our mental health person at uni who referred me to a student therapist person who didn’t really seem very helpful at all despite the fact that I ended up starting to talk out a lot of my feelings. I felt like he had pretty much no idea what I was talking about when I said I felt like I had a lid on my real feelings and I didn’t know what would happen if I let them out. Which was totally helpful.
Then I went and lived pretty much on my own in Barcelona for 3 months, and spent the whole time trying to work through my brain, and feeling everything, writing songs and poetry and blogs for days, staying up til 6am every night. I think I kind of opened the lid then and I’d just spend days in fog trying to word how I felt so that I would at least not feel so lost in it. I felt like I was getting somewhere until I got back to the UK, where it felt like nothing had changed and I was even more worthless than before. I didn’t seek any help but at that point I really should have as I’ve never been so low. I scraped through the module I was doing and spent almost every day feeling like I was chained to my bed, left my room maybe twice a day and just felt blue constantly.
I managed to heft myself out of that state after a few months of it by doing everything that I could to rebuild my identity and make sense of everything that I felt. Ended up building up a circle of friends and felt more and more myself, and eventually ended up feeling like I could be involved with someone again. After a few hugely emotional hiccoughs involving someone from before abusive fartbreath I ended up in this awesome relationship, which I’m still in thankfully. The beginning of that was pretty tricky since I was basically like ‘fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk I’m gonna die when this ends horribly which it inevitably will’ and had to try and get past that but mainly I’ve been quite happy. Every now and then though I end up descending into the foglands. Only once every few months or so but it really scares me.
What I wonder about is what it was exactly that I went through because I called/call it depression but I’m not sure if maybe PTSD is more accurate as I feel like the bulk of my problems came from the crappy relationship I was in before, but then that wasn’t an ‘event’ or ‘incident,’ rather a year and a half of my sense of self being slowly grated away like dry skin from cracked heels.
Sooo I dunno.
Anyway there’s the story of my life for you K. Ha!
I keep speaking in a fake British accent, just to bother the boyfriend while watching Sherlock. Haha how do I even have a boyfriend?
I often think this of myself, only I am British so not so much with the accent and more with the being a general goof..
First use of cafetiere. :(
We may have drunk some of the coffee after because we were so sad and the coffee smelled good